Family support services
Families requiring support can be referred to the children’s centre multi-disciplinary team. This team will help with any problems. The team includes Family Support Workers, Health Visitors, Nursery Nurses, Portage Workers and Social Workers. If you would like to find out more about the support available, you can ask your Midwife, Health visitor or drop into your local children's centre. Professionals wishing to refer a family to the Multi Agency Team (MAT) should complete the Early Help Referral Form and email it to MATcoordinator@learningtrust.co.uk.
In addition, the Hackney Family Information Service (FIS) offers free, impartial advice and information on childcare, paying for childcare, funded places for 2-4 year olds as well as information and advice on local services and activities for children and families.
- Telephone 020 8820 7590, Monday to Friday, 9am to 5pm
- email email@example.com
- Visit the FIS Facebook or Twitter pages
Parenting programmes are available that:
- support stressed or isolated parents;
- support families where there is domestic violence or substance misuse;
- support families when they arrive in Hackney from another borough, are asylum seekers or refugees;
- support teenage parents;
- support fathers to be involved with their child from pregnancy;
- give advice and information about accident prevention;
- give financial advice on benefits or debts; and
- help parents to support their child’s learning.
The FIS has produced an information leaflet which gives details about the full range of parenting support services available.
- Download the Parenting Programmes leaflet
Due to the current Covid-19 situation, we are expecting more parenting programmes to return, either online or in person, from September 2020. Information regarding parenting programmes will be updated on this page as we are notified.
Hackney Local offer: Hackney's Local Offer website sets out information about services and support available for children and young people with special educational needs and/or disability (SEND) who are aged 0 to 25. It also offers more general information on childcare and family support.
- Go to the Local Offer website
Hackney Find Support Services Map: This map displays voluntary and community organisations offering help to Hackney’s diverse community, especially to those who are affected by coronavirus.
- Go to the Find Support Services Map