Improve your reading and writing
Hackney Learning Trust offers literacy courses to adults (19+) who speak fluent or very good English, and would like to improve their reading and writing skills.
Register for a class
You can register for a free class by coming to a drop-in advice session listed below. A teacher will check your level of English and help you to find the right class.
There are limited places at the advice session, so please come early. If you are unable to attend at the times below, contact us and we will do our best to help you.
|Hackney Learning Trust, 1 Reading Lane, E8 1GQ||Weekly||Wednesdays, 9.30am|
To be eligible to join a class you must be:
- a UK/EU national or have a current visa to live in the UK and have been resident in the UK or EU for the past 3 years; or
- a refugee or asylum seeker; or
- a dependent of a UK or EU national or refugee.
Please note you do not need to be in receipt of income-based benefits to join and you must have a National Insurance Number, unless you are an asylum seeker.
- There are no advice sessions during the school holidays
- Sessions run from the second week of September until the end of June. We are also closed from the second week of December until the second week of January
- You must have a ticket to be seen. You can collect your ticket at ground floor reception
- Classes run across Hackney. The location of your class will depend on your level and other needs. Classes run in the morning and afternoon, and are from Entry Level 1 (E1) to Level 2 (L2)
- Some courses are accredited
- A limited number of courses offer crèche for babies